Digitalis domes are made of our exclusive imported Nolux™ fabric. This durable, fire retardant fabric consists of six distinct layers which keep out stray light and enhance digital projection. Nolux makes blacks darker, for a noticeably more realistic black night sky simulation, and increases contrast by minimizing cross-reflection in the dome. Its matte gray projection surface even helps hide wrinkles.
Available in standard sizes from 4 to 7 meters (13-23 feet) in diameter, Digitalis domes are inflated with constant air pressure from a fan. The fan is infinitely adjustable from inside the dome, allowing whisper-quiet operation. A Digitalis dome and Digitarium planetarium system can be set up or taken down by one person in only 5 to 10 minutes.
We perform all dome construction and testing at our headquarters in Bremerton, Washington, USA. We have invested in state-of-the-art automation, high-tech tools and materials, and a skilled US workforce. The end result is product quality that is completely unmatched in the market, yet at extremely competitive prices.
Digitalis Domes Advantages:
- Highest quality projection surface enhances digital projection.
- Truly hemispherical projection surface eliminates distortion and is free of vents or any other jarring visual interruption.
- Exclusive Nolux fabric meets NFPA 701 test method 2 flame retardance standard (retardant: deca-BDE).
- Extremely fast 5-10 minute setup and take down time.
- Audiences love our elegantly simple vertical zippered doorway -- no need to crawl through a tunnel or blindly squeeze between tubes!
- Our unique StayFLATE™ technology keeps the dome inflated even while the door is open. Should there be a power cut, you have time to calmly get your audience out of the dome.
- The dome has no floor, allowing for easy emergency exits and wheelchair access.
- Fresh air is constantly blown into the dome, but is directed away from the audience for comfort.
- Compatible with portable air conditioning units for hot locations.
- Whisper-quiet operation with infinitely adjustable fan speed control so that the teacher does not need to raise his/her voice to compete with the blower (may not be available in some countries).
- Lighter weight and more compact than domes with large doorways or rings.
- Dome is easy to pack, unpack, and transport with our exclusive Digitalis Dome Duffel custom designed and built by Digitalis.
- High quality US design and construction.
We advise against using Digitalis domes outside due to the danger to audiences and equipment from sudden gusts of wind. This same advice applies to any inflatable dome that is not designed to be moored to the ground with cables.
Specifications and pricing for our standard models are shown below. We can also build custom sizes and configurations to meet special needs, such as shorter heights to accommodate short ceilings.
Entry and exit is through a 6 foot (2 meter department for any special requirements)
Height at zenith
Estimated seating capacity
15 adults or 20 young children
Approximate weight of dome alone
19 kg (41 pounds)
Digitalis Dome Duffel weight
5 kg (11 pounds)
Digitalis Dome Duffel packed dimensions
35 x 21 x 16 inches
(89 x 53 x 41 cm)