The Digitarium Delta 3 is our entry level planetarium system, designed to be easy to transport, set up, and teach with. It projects high contrast 1080 pixel diameter imagery over a full dome with no blind spots or cut-outs. It is the culmination of years of development effort, with our own innovative proprietary lens design.
The Digitarium Delta 3 offers not just a compact size but quick set up, intuitive user interfaces, high resolution, excellent projection quality, and wealth of other features. Digitalis sells inflatable domes in several diameters for a complete portable solution.
- Demonstrate beginning through advanced astronomy concepts.
- Simulate the sky from any point on Earth or from other planets and moons.
- Move forward or backward in time at varying speeds.
- Simulate the solar system over a two million year time range.
- Show the effects of precession of the equinoxes and star proper motion over time.
- Show annual motion, including retrograde planetary motion.
- Simulate celestial phenomena such as transits, eclipses, and meteor showers.
- Display orbits of the planets and moons.
- Display paths of solar system bodies against the stars.
- Display ecliptic, celestial equator, meridian, and equatorial and azimuthal grids.
- Show the entire celestial sphere with ONE piece of equipment.
- Experience atmospheric effects, such as sunsets or a blue sky (or turn off the atmosphere to view the stars during the day).
- Zoom in on or label items of interest.
- View astrophotos of more than 100 deep space objects in situ.
- Show constellation outlines, names, and artwork one at a time, a few at a time, or all at once.
- Show constellations from multiple cultures (Western, Polynesian, Chinese, Navajo, ancient Egyptian, Lakota, Inuit, Inca, and more).
- Label the sky in approximately 70 different languages.
- Easily project your own image or video content using a USB drive or the internal hard drive.
- Use the video-in port to project other applications from a separate computer, if desired.
- Play fulldome video shows with 5.1 channel surround sound support.
- Use the powerful scripting feature to create your own shows, short segments, or special effects.
- Easy, automated software upgrades over the Internet keep you up to date with the latest features. Software updates are included free for the life of the system.
- One projector does it all. No need for constellation projectors, slide projectors, multiple cylinders, etc.
- Remote control with backlit buttons works from anywhere in the dome. No need to hover over the projector and block your audience's view.
Quick and Easy
- Our unique backlit handheld remote control is the easiest interface to learn and use. No separate computer or extensive training is required.
- Plug it in, turn it on, and you're ready to project in about one minute.
- Start up to your default settings for latitude, longitude, sky time, and more.
- Automatic positioning and phasing of celestial objects.
- It's so straightforward, you don't need to be an astronomer to run it!
- Low maintenance.
- No laptops to overheat or break
- Three year limited warranty on all components except the DLP projection component, which is warranted through the original manufacturer (see specific models for details).
- Countdown of projector bulb life helps avoid the surprise of a burned out bulb.
- Modern fixed planetarium features at a fraction of the typical cost.
- Opportunity to generate extra revenue introducing the Digitarium to other interested organizations through our Customer Referral Program.
|Maximum Dome Diameter||Approximately 24 feet/7 meters.|
Brightness is the main issue, since the larger the dome, the larger the surface area the light from the projector must cover.
|Resolution||1080 pixels across a diameter|
|Field of view||180 degrees, full sky.|
|Pixels per degree of sky||6 average|
|Angle of Projection||~175 degrees|
|Base Projector Brightness||4000 Lumens with non-fisheye lens|
(Provided for comparison purposes with other systems. Actual brightness with a fisheye lens is significantly less due to not projecting the whole video rectangle and differing lens properties. Please see any of our other models if you need a brighter system.)
|Nominal Contrast Ratio||Up to 50,000:1 (per projector specifications, without fisheye lens)|
|Lamp life||Up to 3000 hours.|
|Control Unit||Digitarium CU-S|
|Audio Output||Stereo with external user supplied speakers.|
|Nightshade NG Basic||Free upgrade once released. Nightshade NG Basic will be limited to flight within our solar system.|
|Power||100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, 650W|
|Regulatory||FCC Class B, CE class B, RoHS compliant|
|System:||Approximately 20.0 x 17.5 x 10.0 inches (50.8 x 44.5 x 25.4 cm)|
|Transit case:||27.0 x 24.0 x 16.0 inches (68.6 x 61.0 x 40.6 cm)|
|System:||33.5 lbs. (15.2 kg)|
|Transit case:||34 lbs. (15.5 kg)|
|Total:||67.5 lbs. (30.7 kg)|
The rugged transit case has built in wheels and an extendable handle for easy transport on flat surfaces.