The Polarie Star Tracker with M-184V Tripod from Vixen Optics is a compact, motorized, tracking mount and tripod. The Polarie attaches to the included extendable tripod with either of two included ball heads on one side of the tracker and a DSLR or smaller camera up to 6.6 lb on the other side. Point the Polarie north with the integrated compass, use the alignment window by pointing it at Polaris, the North Star, or use an optional polar scope. Star trails and false fuzzies are eliminated in the time exposures of the attached camera as the Polarie tracks the motion of the stars across the celestial dome. Two user-supplied AA batteries can power the unit for ~4 hours or an optional external power supply (not included) can be used. Although, not waterproof, the Polarie is designed to function in most weather conditions. It weighs in at 1.5 lb and is about the size of a paperback book.
- Usable in both northern and southern hemispheres
- Lightweight, compact with ~4 hours of tracking on 2 AA batteries, user supplied
- Simple polar alignment options allow camera movement in sync with the night sky
- Two ball heads for attaching the Polarie to the tripod; one QHD-33 ball head and one QHD-43 ball head
- Adjustable height, 4 section, tripod with a working height from 22" to 72.4" and a minimum fold up length of 22.6".
- Thread size of the tripod to accept the Polarie is UNC 1/4". The maximum load capacity is 6.6 lb / 3 kg
- Tracking modes; Celestial tracking rate, 1/2 of the celestial tracking rate, Solar tracking rate (mean solar time) or Lunar tracking rate (mean lunar time)
- The stepping pulse motor of the Polarie has an exceptionally precise movement utilizing a wheel gear of 57.6mm diameter aluminum alloy axis with a full-circle of 144-teeth. The worm gear has a 9mm diameter made from high tension brass. It has 2 piece bearings
- Run time: approx. 4 hours at 68°F/20°C with a 3.3 lbs/1.5kg load using alkaline batteries
- Polarie: 137 x 95 × 58 mmmm